Minor in Arabic
The minor in Arabic requires a minimum of 15 s.h. in Arabic language courses at the intermediate level or higher. Intermediate and advanced courses are numbered ARAB:2001 and above, excluding ARAB:2025 Study Abroad: Culture and Society, and ARAB:2050 Topics in Middle East/Muslim World Studies II.
- A minimum of 12 s.h. (out of the 15 required s.h.) must be taken from The University of Iowa.
- Students must maintain a GPA of at least 2.00 in the minor.
- Coursework in the minor may not be taken pass/nonpass.
- Courses taught in English, French, or any language besides Arabic do not count toward the minor in Arabic.
- Credit from the University of Iowa Regents’ Summer Program in Fez, Morocco, listed under the ARAB department code is counted as University of Iowa credit.
For questions about the Arabic minor, please contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies, Yasmine Ramadan at firstname.lastname@example.org